Thinking of buying Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) shares from India? Read this blog to know more about the JNJ stock and how you can invest in it for as low as $1 using Cube Wealth.
Johnson & Johnson (ticker: JNJ) is a popular US company that's been operating since 1886. JNJ products are well known across the world because it owns leading brands like Benadryl, Listerine, Band-Aid, etc.
JNJ was 35th on Fortune 500's list for 2020 in terms of total revenue ahead of companies like IBM, Intel, Boeing, Facebook, and others. In this blog, we'll help you find out how to buy JNJ shares from India. Before adopting any investment strategy, it's advisable to download the Cube Wealth app and consult a Cube Wealth Coach who can provide guidance based on your risk tolerance.
Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) went public in September 1944 for $37.50* per share. That's 5 decades before companies like Tesla were even founded.
JNJ has been trading on the New York Stock Exchange since. It was during the same year that the famous “Our Credo” document was drafted by General Robert Wood Johnson.
Credo emphasised JNJ's ethical responsibility of delivering high-quality products and services to all its customers.
It's safe to say that a lot has happened since JNJ went public. JNJ offered a 100% stock dividend to its investors three years after going public and a 200% stock dividend in the 1960s.
The company has initiated 6 stock splits since going public. But you'd be surprised to know that JNJ wasn't always the $447.889 billion company that it is today.
Johnson & Johnson initially began as a medical device and equipment manufacturer.
Later on, JNJ branched out to pharmaceuticals, R&D, and personal care as it was propelled by shrewd marketing and tactical branding that has made it the household name it is today.
1. Stock Name: Johnson & Johnson
2. Ticker: JNJ
3. Share Price: $170.08**
4. Market Cap: $447.889 Billion
5. Beta: 0.71
6. P/E Ratio: 30.04
7. EPS: 5.66
8. 52 Week Low: $133.65
9. 52 Week High: $173.65
10. Dividend: Yes
Fun Fact: Johnson & Johnson presented their products at the World’s Fair of 1893 alongside Nikola Tesla and Thomas Edison.
1. Global consumer health sales of Johnson & Johnson increased to $14.1 billion in FY2020.
2. JNJ's global pharmaceutical sales saw a jump of 8% to $45.6 billion in FY2020.
3. JNJ revealed that the overall FY2020 global sales increased by 0.6% to $82.6 billion.
4. The single-dose JNJ covid vaccine was approved for use by the US in March. JNJ is also applying for vaccine approval in countries like Japan.
5. Johnson & Johnson owns successful brands across verticals like baby care, personal care, hygiene, medical equipment, pharmaceuticals, and more.
1. Johnson & Johnson’s global medical devices sales dropped by 11.6% to $23 billion.
2. Various JNJ products occupy a space that's thoroughly scrutinized and under the microscope where the slightest of negative press may have long-standing repercussions.
Cube makes it easy for investors to buy shares of reputed companies like Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) from India. The Cube Wealth app is reliable, intuitive, and super simple to use.
Furthermore, Cube helps Indian investors open a US brokerage account with Cube's partner, DriveWealth. But wait, there’s more. Cube is the first app to bring US stock advisory to India with RIA, Rick Holbrook.
Rick Holbrook is a Registered Investment Advisor (RIA) from the US who currently manages $130 million for HNIs. Cube users can access Rick's advisory services to buy and sell US stocks from India.
Watch this video to know more about US stock advice on Cube Wealth
Read our popular US stock stories on:
*Adjusted for inflation.
**Data valid as of 25/06/2021.
Other Blogs You May Like:
on stock picking, poring over excel sheets, financial news, analyzing market trends, tracking the Sensex, researching company fundamentals, comparing mutual funds, reading financial reports, trying to predict the future & losing your sanity!