How To Define Your Investment Goals
“A good financial plan is a road map that shows us exactly how the choices we make today will affect our future.” – Alexa Von Tobel
Wealth is an integral part of life on the individual, familial, and societal levels. It can be the difference between living the life of your dreams and just living life. The best way to make the most of the wealth that you have is to take a goal-oriented approach towards investing that results in long-term capital appreciation.
A one size fits all approach is neither appropriate nor wise when it comes to setting your investment goals. If you have a financial dream in mind but you are struggling for the right ideas and approach, this blog is for you.
Ask The Right Investment Questions
Wealth creation is a beautiful yet complicated process which requires you to have a strategic approach and patience. With Cube, you can ask yourself the right questions by setting your investment goals, choosing a risk level, and the term for which you want to invest.
One way to get started would be to ask yourself the right questions such as:
- Why am I investing?
- Who am I investing for?
- Do I have long term and short term goals?
- Is each goal specific and clearly defined?
- Are the investment goals relevant to the WHY?
- Are the investment goals practical and achievable?
Distinguish The Short Term From The Long Term
This is, perhaps, the most integral part of setting investment goals. Focusing on concrete short term, medium-term, and long term investment goals would be a great catalyst for sending your children to a prestigious institution or for you to retire comfortably.
Maintaining a journal of immediate investment goals, medium-term investment goals, long-term investment goals, and how to achieve these investment goals will help you plot a road-map of the approach you would want to take.
Once a goal-based investment planning has been defined, you can look at options such as the ones currently being recommended by Wealth First, Cube's Mutual Fund advisor:
- Short Term Low-Risk Mutual Funds:
- SBI Liquid Fund
- HDFC Liquid Fund
- Nippon India Liquid Fund
- Long Term Moderate-Risk Mutual Funds:
- Axis Focused 25 Fund
- Invesco India Growth Opportunities Fund
- Mirae Asset Focused Fund
- Long Term Aggressive Mutual Funds:
- Kotak Emerging Equity Fund
- Motilal Oswal Midcap 30 Fund
- Axis Small Cap Fund
- International Mutual Funds:
- Franklin India Feeder - Franklin U.S. Opportunities Fund
- Invesco Pan European Equity Fund
- Nippon India Japan Equity Fund
- Digital Gold
You can diversify further and invest globally in US stocks and Equities with Award-Winning RIA, Rick Holbrook, or Indian Stocks with advice from our Equity Advisory partner Purnartha.
Things To Remember While Setting Investment Goals
The world of Finance is not nearly as complicated as people make it out to be. With the right investment goals mixed with wise advice and guidance, wealth creation and management can become an organized and fruitful journey.
Some good pointers to remember would be:
- Consult a Wealth Advisor: It is always advisable to talk to a Wealth Advisor who has an expert level knowledge of the industry before you build your portfolio.
Get a consultation done today!
- Make small adjustments: No plan is ever full proof. If there is change on the horizon, adapt. If there is a change in your investment goal, branch out, and seek other options.
- Review your progress once every few months: Track your investments and their progress. This will help you learn, unlearn, and relearn.
With the Cube Wealth app, you can avoid this time-consuming task. Instead, the app shows you all your investments, profits, and return percentage in one simple view. We ensure that your life is less stressful and not spent looking at unnecessary graphs and dashboards.
- Be Patient: The market can be volatile at times and you may see red, at such times don’t panic.
- Document the wealth that you have at your disposal: Maintain a log of how much you are spending, saving, investing, and earning through dividends and profits. The Cube Wealth app makes documentation seam effortless by giving you easy-to-read statements and in-app overviews.
- Be accountable: Save up and invest in-line with your current and future goals. Only goal-based wealth management can lead you to the investment goals of the future. For more information, check out our blog on How to Build the Perfect Investment Portfolio
- Prepare for the unexpected: However contradictory this may sound, preparing for the onset of illness, accidents, unstable markets, and other such events can save you from a world of trouble. A good way to prepare for emergencies is to park your money in Liquid Mutual Funds.
For long term payoffs, immediate sacrifices may be necessary. Tailoring your investment goals and expectations around this idea can be beneficial.
How Cube Wealth Can Guide You
After reading this, you may start to set investment goals and maintain a log. However, the important question is how and where do you invest? More so because a mutual fund investment app like Cube will easily take over the tracking for you.
That said, investing on your own can be a challenging task. Unless you are a seasoned investor, the guidance and support of a Wealth Coach can help you identify the right investment opportunities based on your goals, risk profile, and practicality.
Cube can help you identify your investment goals based on your risk profile. You can avoid over-diversifying or under-diversifying with the help of our Financial Advisors.
Note: While we update our blogs regularly, we suggest you download the Cube Wealth App to see the latest fund recommendations, facts & figures.
Book Your Free Consultation Call
With A Cube Wealth Coach!
Schedule a call based on your convenience.
And get an expert to help you invest.
Should You Invest In Axis Liquid Funds?
Should you invest in Axis Liquid Funds? To begin with, we need to identify if you should be investing in Liquid Funds at all. So let's take a look at the facts and figures on Axis Liquid Funds to understand if this is the right investment for you.
Grow your money without wasting time
on stock picking, poring over excel sheets, financial news, analyzing market trends, tracking the Sensex, researching company fundamentals, comparing mutual funds, reading financial reports, trying to predict the future & losing your sanity!