What the best debt mutual fund in the market is, depends on you more than the debt fund. Confused? Well, to pick the best debt mutual fund for oneself, one has to first understand what your financial goals are, what your risk profile is, what other funds you have in your portfolio, among other things.
To start with, you need to ensure you know what the difference between debt, equity or hybrid funds is. Because while all types of mutual funds are good investment tools, they may not be suited to your needs.
What is Debt Mutual Fund?
A Debt fund is a mutual fund that invests only in fixed income securities like bonds and treasury bills. These are considered safer than equity funds and are ideal for those who have a more conservative approach to investment.
Within the world of Debt Mutual Funds, you will find several investment options. Let’s take a look at them.
Types of Debt Mutual Funds
Monthly Income Plans (MIPs)
Short Term Plans (STPs)
Fixed Maturity Plans (FMPs)
Who Should Invest in Debt Mutual Funds?
Top 10 Best Debt Mutual Funds in India
Our team of world-class advisors from Wealth First helped us build this list based on their mutual fund selection process, undertaken using two parameters:
- AMC comfort – Pedigree, Credibility, Compliance, Process and Ability to Retain Top Management & Talent
- Fund Manager comfort – Experience, Reputation, Performance and Continuity Record (We have had 170+ investment and marketing team interactions in the last 1 year)
- Scheme Aesthetics – Fund Size & Recent AUM Growth, Concentration Analysis, Clarity of positioning
- Performance – Historical performances (SIP, Last 20-Quarters, 3-Year, and 5-Year Numbers), Risk-adjusted returns, Sharpe, Beta, and Other Statistical Ratios
- Negative Criteria – Cash Calls, Outlier Performances, Recent Management Changes, etc.
Best Debt Mutual Funds 2019
|Best Debt Mutual Funds of 2019|
|ICICI Prudential All Season Bond Fund|
|IDFC Banking and PSU Debt Fund|
|Axis Strategic Bond Fund|
How To Evaluate Best Debt Mutual Funds?
How To Invest in Debt Funds?
You can easily invest in a debt fund by following the steps given below:
Download the Cube Wealth App
Select risk level as low
Select the time frame as short
Enter the amount you want to invest
Browse recommended funds
For further assistance with documentation or if you have any questions, please EMAIL A CUBE WEALTH ADVISOR.